At OpsLevel, we’re on a mission to help engineering teams wrangle large production architectures and adopt “You Build It, You Own It”. We’re building a Service Ownership Platform - starting with a Microservice Catalog - to make it easier for engineering teams to own and operate software in production. We want to take back DevOps: its roots were in Service Ownership and we want to bring it back there again.
We're a seed-stage startup headquartered in Toronto, Canada and with employees working around the Americas. We have closed our seed round in Sept 2020 with fantastic Silicon Valley investors and have a growing roster of customers. As part of our growth, we’re hiring our first product manager to help contribute to our core product.
Our culture values the following traits in people:
- Empathy: Think of others; think of your users
- Growth Mindset: Get comfortable with being uncomfortable
- Intellectual Honesty: The best solution is more important than anyone's ego
- Focus & Efficiency: Keep the main thing the main thing
Roles and Responsibilities
- Learn a ton about DevOps, SRE, and Developer Acceleration and leverage that knowledge to build great product
- Routinely interact with our customers to identify their needs through interviews/feedback, data analysis, research, and attending sales / CS calls. Translate these customer needs into business cases, features, product requirements and roadmaps.
- You will manage multiple parallel projects and iterations alongside engineering, and ensure the delivery of feature releases that drive our core business.
- While working with our engineering and design teams, you can make tradeoffs between scope and user experience. You can apply intellectual honesty and clearly articulate your reasoning behind decisions.
- Work with marketing, sales, and customer success teams to launch new features to our customers and get more value in their hands.
- You have sharp communication skills and can effectively present your ideas to technical stakeholders and executives alike
- You get stuff done. When you encounter a new situation, you are naturally curious, driven to learn, and unafraid to ask for help
- You have a technical background and enjoy learning about new technology
- Background working as a product manager developing new products, ideally at a startup / SaaS company
- You’re comfortable with SQL or data analysis tools
- Experience with the end-to-end product lifecycle, from feature launch to end-of-life
- You’ve previously worked on/with a platform or infrastructure team and understand operational aspects of delivering large scale service experiences
- A technical degree or equivalent experience
- You have experience with hands-on software development.
- You are a master at prioritization
- You love to serve customers, internal and external
Not sure if you should apply?
Apply anyways! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we’d love to meet you.
We are building an inclusive and welcoming workplace where employees feel appreciated, valued and free to be who they are regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
OpsLevel is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.